To provide a fresh, interactive, informative website on Bondi Beach for the interest, benefit and enjoyment of local, national and global communities.
(And perhaps work towards a vision with less commas…)
Goals & Philosophies
- create an online portal for bondi beach that is informative, optimistic, creative, inclusive and inspiring.
- provide a centralised site for access to quality information, images, product, art and editorial on bondi beach.
- encourage respect for all people, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality, political persuasion, or fashion sense.
- strive to protect our environment, respect all Indigenous cultures (particularly Australia’s first people), help those in need, celebrate cultural diversity, be grateful for freedom, reduce greed and waste, learn to really listen and nurture community spirit.
- value people with the courage to live unconventional lives, value creative folk, support activists willing to fight for human rights and our environment and show full respect to those willing to push the boundaries of what’s possible and sensible (yes, that includes you Sir Richard Branson).
- give whatever we can…intelligently, selflessly, purposefully and generously.
1. Green: offset website carbon emissions with Registered Carbon Offsets via reforestation
2. Giving: assist the human & natural environment via supporting a selection of charities
3. Privacy: inform consumers about information collection procedures, policy & legal rights
4. Ethics: commit to honest business conduct, protective policies and personal philosophies
5. Copyright: adhere to relevant copyright laws (then flout them via Creative Commons!)
6. Values: follow and respect the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Read details of all policies here.
1. At the age of 24 I sold everything I owned, packed the few remains into a 50kg bag and headed to Sri Lanka on a one way ticket to begin my world travels.
2. My favourite quote is from my favourite author, Jeanette Winterson…”They say that every snowflake is different. If that were true, how could the world go on? How could we ever get up off our knees? How could we ever recover from the wonder of it?”
3. I was once caught carrying bullets in my bag across the Israel-Egypt border. (Nope. Not a closet terrorist. I collected a few ‘souvenirs’ from a walk in the desert and they slipped into the lining of my bag. Honest. Officer. Honest.)
4. I once shaved off all my hair to a no.2 buzz cut and dyed the remaining fuzz peroxide blonde. (It took 2 years and a menagerie of tragic in-between styles before it grew back to its bushy waist-length brunette self).
5. I’m allergic to all opiates (morphine, codeine, opium, etc) and am I’m a chocoholic that has developed an allergy to chocolate. Looks like the Fun Police finally tracked me down.
6. I can wiggle my ears. So can my son. I’m very proud.
7. I was a ballet dancer for 13 years. And never once looked as good as Natalie Portman.
8. It took me over a year of constant practice to learn to surf properly along a wave. I finally did it in Byron Bay about 12 years ago and haven’t surfed since.
9. I took up drinking coffee 3 years ago. That’s about 20 coffee-free years I can never get back.
10. My favourite job was working in a circus for 6 weeks at the age of 15. I’ve also worked in a bakery, with international sports media, as a pet insurance clerk, photographer, a dancer, snowboard tour guide, social researcher, door bitch in a nightclub, communications manager and sold jewellery on the streets of Greece. Just to name a few.