CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - Applications for Bondi 2013 open!
Emerging, established and aspiring artists alike are encouraged to submit for pre-selection in the seventeenth annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi, to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 24 October – 10 November, 2013.
Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2013 Forms
Bondi 2013 Artist Application and Terms & Conditions Form
Bondi 2013 Artist Entry Form and Map
The curatorial panel for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2013 is:
- Deborah Edwards, Curator Australian Art, Art Gallery of NSW;
- Geoffrey Edwards, Director, Geelong Gallery and Former Senior Curator Sculpture & Glass, National Gallery of Victoria;
- Dr. Michael Hill, Head of Art History & Theory, National Art School; and
- Julie Lomax, Director Visual Arts, Australia Council for the Arts.
Artist support and subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2013 will include:
- A minimum artist subsidy of $2,000 for each artist who does not otherwise net over $2,000 in sales, subsidies or prizes from the exhibition;
- We anticipate announcing a major prize;
- 3 Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each for Australian artists;
- 3 Clitheroe Foundation Mentorships of $10,000 each for young emerging Australian artists and their mentors;
- Up to $20,000 of subsidies for artists of ephemeral and site specific sculptures that by their nature are unlikely to be sold including the Art Gallery Society of NSW Site Specific Subsidy for an emerging sculptor;
- We anticipate offering an Environmental Sculpture subsidy of $5,000 for works that utilise wind, water, solar power or other aspects of the environment;
- Allens People’s Choice Prize of $5,000;
- The Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation of $5,000 to exhibit in Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2014 in Perth, Western Australia;
- For Tasmanian artists: The Dick Bett Memorial Invitation of $5,000 towards freight, materials, accommodation and airfare;
- Sculpture Inside Curators Prize of $2,500 for a work in our concurrently held indoor exhibition;
- Return economy class airfares to Sydney for up to 7 overseas artists;
- Return economy class airfares to Sydney for up to 7 interstate artists; and
- Material Sponsorship of plasma or oxycut steel and scrap steel for selected artists to be used in the sculptures exhibited.