Bondi Shop Talk 30 Oct 2012
Sheesh its hard to keep up with developments in Bondi these days! Here’s the latest round of changes to our café and shopping options in the hood…
- The Atlas Kiosk seems to be the new hip hang on Hall (Hugh Jackman thinks so anyway)
- Yellow Bungalow is a fab new offering of furniture, homewares and coffee on Bondi Rd
- The Seafood Bar in the Roscoe Street Mall has been stripped out and gone
- Taking the place of the Seafood Bar soon will be newcomer Fogo Brazilian Churrasco
- I’m very excited about Sushi Street which is due to open soon on Hall St
- Apparently a new salad bar will be going in next to Sushi Street – watch this space!
- Firefly Pop Up shop will open this Thursday 1 November at 83 Gould St
- Opposite Firefly is new fashion here to stay – uniik boutique at 94-96 Gould St
- The Lamrock Café on the corner of Campbell Pde is back –anyone been?
- The Original California Burrito Company has opened in Roscoe St Mall
- The Hurricanes to-go window has moved around the corner to Gould St
- Because 27 isn’t enough, a Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream will open soon on Campbell
- Long-time locals Platypus Shoes are renovating and will reopen shortly
- As I have mentioned, Alex the Barber on Glenayr Ave has retired. Sad face
- Greens Café has also closed on Glenayr Ave. Sad to see you go Pete!
- Porch Organic Bakery (& coffee) will soon open at the old Betsy Blu spot
- Ugg Australia has moved into Bondi Pizza on Campbell Pde. Whatevs.
- The Bondi Courthouse has opened in that dodgy mall on Campbell. Hm.
- The Bondi Courthouse also has a little café open from 12pm – called Tuck In.
- A new little fashion office, Joveeba, has also snuck into the mall upstairs
- Body Bright massage therapy is available on Warners Ave. Very handy…
- Tiny fashion spot Zayira has closed on the corner of Glenayr & Curlewis.
- Bucklers Canteen has rebranded to The Canteen on cnr Campbell & Beach
Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any other news, updates or changes.