Now, keep in mind that bondi beach is a pretty fluid place of change and opportunity. And when it comes to coffee, its brimming with options and focused on quality. With that in mind, here’s my current top 10 spots for your morning brew (in no particular order)…
1. The Atlas Kiosk, 14 Hall St
- old school milk bar vibe with light, open spaces in prime location on Hall St.
- the coffee (Deluca) is strong, full of flavour, balanced and one of Bondi’s best.
2. Chapter One, Shop 3a, 34 Campbell Pde
- the new kid of the block, with no effort or expense spared on their cafe or coffee.
- killer views on the high side of south bondi make this one of the best on the strip.
3. Harry’s Espresso Bar, 136 Wairoa Ave
- the perfect take-away coffee styled and served with caffeine-obsessed care (and speed).
- or kick back socialising on a bench in the sun, sipping with the friendly locals.
4. Bondi Trattoria (‘The Tratt’), 34 Campbell Parade
- seemingly always open, with quick, friendly, dedicated, skilled and long-serving staff.
- grab an alfresco table and bliss out on the stunning beach views with your top italian brew.
5. Gertrude & Alice Cafe Bookstore, 46 Hall Street
- the best place for a wonderfully earthy, eclectic, Melbourne-esque morning drop.
- find yourself a cosy nook with a book or get social on one of the large wooden tables.
6. Bru Coffee, 101 Brighton Blvd
- where the ridiculously gorgeous, fit & friendly northern locals go for their good stuff.
- lolling with the locals on the fake grass and crates makes for a great start to the day.
7. Luigi’s Deli Cafe, 154 Glenayr Avenue
- owner Andy will always remember your name and make you a truly delectable drop.
- grab some chalk for the kids to scribble out front (watch out for the Fun Police!).
8. Sonoma Bakery Cafe, R10, 178 Campbell Pde (entry Gould St)
- an instant hit in this shiny new, hip & happening spot on boutique Gould St.
- you’ll be playing musical chairs on the weekend if you’re not after take- away.
9. Gusto Espresso Bar, 16 Hall Street
- I’ve never, ever, had a bad coffee here and love the raised sipper on the take-away cups.
- the layout makes ordering & collecting take-aways more sport than simple task.
10. Jed’s Foodstore & Cafe, 60 Warners Avenue
- working Toby’s Estate coffee to its full potential for the captive coffee community.
- with a great paved area and a hip-retro feel, its packed on the weekend from go to woah.