The Bondi Bluewater Ocean Swim includes various events.
The 2.1km swim is a triangular course starting on the shore in front of Bondi SBLSC , proceeding to a turning buoy off Mackenzie’s Point, then across the entrance of the Bay to a second turning buoy off Ben Buckler and back into the finish.
The 1km swim begins on the shore in front of Bondi SBLSC, proceeds straight out to two turning buoys in the middle of the Bay, and returns via a similar route to shore.
An Easter Monday swim…
- Event - The Beach Road Bondi Bluewater Challenge
- Organiser - Bondi SBLSC
- Distance - 2.1km and 1km
- Venue - Bondi Beach
- Time/Date - Easter Monday, April 9, 2012, 10am race start 1km, 11am for 2.1km
- Registration - race day – 7:30am-9am
- Entry fee - $40 each event ($50 on race day) or $65 for both events ($80 on race day)
- Online entries close - 9am, Easter Sunday, April 8, 2012
- Conditions - Bondi offers a wide open beach break with sandbanks, gutters, rips & currents.
- Mimimum age - 13
- Categories - 5-year age groups, Male and Female, + Elite (longer swim only).
Online entries close 9am, Easter Sunday, April 8, although this deadline could change. Please keep your eye on this page to keep up with developments.
The Olympus Tough Fine Ocean Swimmers Series 2012
The longer swim at Bondi is Race 7, the final event, in the Olympus Tough fine ocean swimmers series 2012. All swimmers who take part in a series swim will qualify for points in the series, although you must do five of the seven series swims in order to qualify for official placings and prizes.
Further Event Info
Darren Morrison 0414 450 178
Download hard copy entry form for more complete event info… click here
Check progress entries online list… click here