Ten reasons why I love Beach Burrito Company! By Jana Hocking
1. The location. BB sits opposite the iconic Bondi Beach AND the outdoor work-out area. Who doesn’t enjoy chowing down into a delicious burrito while watching the scenery. I’ll take my 6-pack abs ‘to go’!
2. The layout. It feels like you’ve stepped into a mix of California’s dog town (circa 1970’s) and Mexico’s Tijuana. There are skateboards hanging from the walls, communal wooden tables, Mexican wall prints, funky coloured chairs and fun hip hop and reggae beats.
3. The variety. You will be hard-pressed trying to decide what to order on the extensive menu. They do everything from nachos, burritos, tacos and Quesadillas. Cheesy, cheesy goodness!
4. The meals are huge! You would be struggling to finish a whole burrito by yourself. They aren’t shy in filling you up!
5. Frozen margaritas. On a hot summers day you couldn’t ask for more!
6. Cheap and cheerful. With happy hipsters on the cash register and giant burritos for under $15 you can’t go wrong.
7. Walking distance from the beach. Who doesn’t enjoy an ice-cold corona after an epic sunbaking session!
8. You can break out all those fun Mexican words you’ve been dying to say for ages. ‘What’s up hombre’? ‘Take it easy essay’, and ‘you feeling loco?’
9. It’s always packed, but with communal tables you can always find a seat and they’ve now branched out to Coogee, Newtown and Cronulla.
10. Anything that comes with a side of guacamole, sour cream and hot sauce is fine by me! The perfect hangover feast!
Read more from our beach-dwelling, cocktail-sipping, burrito-loving reporter Jana Hocking at www.janahocking.blogspot.com